Saturday, January 17, 2009

Bella Blu's Scare


















We had a real scare the other day with little Bella
(Lauren's puppy) I guess we have adopted her
since her move out west. Thursday morning
Cliff noticed she wasn't acting herself so he asked
me to check on her later. I was on the pc for awhile
then went to check on her and she wasn't moving
laying really still and not repsonding with her
eyes glossed over.
I tried to call Cliff's cell phone with no luck getting
him then I panicked!! I called Jackie and she told me
a few things to do but I couldn't get Bella to respond
so I called Liz and Barry (really good friends)
they rushed over to my house a
we ran her to the closet vet in town. The
Dr. wasn't in but a nurse took her right away looked at
her and said she was having a low blood sugar episode
and put a syringe of sugar water down her mouth and
in just a few minutes she started coming around.
Bella only weighs a pound and a half so she is very tiny
they said this can be normal in small animals if they
miss a meal.
I was the one who so opposed to Lauren getting her
and now I have to admit I am very attached to the
little puppy.
Later we called Lauren to let her know about Bella
and she said yeah I should of told you about that
problem. The breeder who sold her to her
told she may have that problem with Bella.
It sure would of been nice to know that! But
anyway she is back to her little feisty self and
we are happy we didn't lose her. We now keep
Karo syrup and a syringe on hand to give her
so this won't ever happen again.

No comments: