Friday, August 8, 2008

"Summer Vacation in North Carolina"

My mother, my little sister and me
(Taking the tour of the Blue Ridge Parkway)
Don't know if you can still see the mountains they are behind Colton!
Colton and cousin Kirstie helping Nana make cookies.
(Colton is helping by eating the cookie dough!)
Gail had just printed off an email from Jordan (Elder Berge)
He gets to email once a week. He is studying hard
for when he leaves the MTC for New Zealand in September.
Yesterday we had fun helping Gail put together
a care package to send him.
This is at a place called Sliding Rock where u hike up
and slide down a water fall rock into the freezing river.
It was about 50 degrees!
Megan and Colton going down .
Kirstie and Karen
My neice wouldn't take no for an answer so I had to do it! "Looking Glass Falls"

The kids swam in the falls and had a blast.




2 comments:

Melissa said...

We went to that same rock on a family vacation we had when I was in high school! Those pictures brought back so many memories. I remember the water being soooo cold, but we loved it anyways! It looks like ya'll had fun!

Silcock Family said...

Wish I could have went with you guys! Looks like you had fun!